Getting your own website is very simple these days, as simple as getting ice cream. However, unlike ice cream, you need to make sure that your website is taken care of. Since the internet is changing all the time, there are many things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to protecting your WordPress website.
Although WordPress is one of the easiest platforms to make use of for websites and blogs, you need to ensure that your website is running as per the norms of today and not that of the past. With new technology every day, there is a chance that your website may not be as secure, fast or useable as required.
Whether you work with a WordPress development agency or you do it yourself, you need to make sure that you know what needs to be taken care of. Before we start, here is a tip for you:
Make sure that you know exactly what is changing in technology related to wordpress, search engines and security. There are many updates from Google every now and then, plus there are many changes in WordPress itself, so make sure that you follow these updates religiously. You need to know about the updates so that you can tune your website properly and as per the latest standards.
The WordPress Maintenance cost you need to know about for your WordPress Website in 2019
Here is a list of various types of WordPress support services that you need for your website and here is what you may need to worry about:
- Framework Updates:
To ensure that your website is secure and perfect for the present times. Although there is hardly any kind of cost related to the framework update initiated by WordPress. However, once the framework is updated, you need to make sure that your website is updated as well.
You may need to make sure that your website’s speed is blazing, and you need to ensure that everything else on your website is optimized for search engines too.
- The Question of buying WordPress support services or not
Now, the point is that you need to figure out whether you need to purchase WordPress support services or not. Now, before you decide whether you wish to purchase it or not. However, a tip from us is that you should subscribe to a good WordPress support service provider. Now, the simplest way to explain it is that there are many things that your website needs to keep up with and you may not have the time to figure out everything.
Furthermore, you may miss out on certain things. And if you are a newbie to the website business, you will find it extremely hard to stay in touch with the updates and technological changes to adhere to. However, with WordPress support services your job will become easier and better. And a plus, don’t run your websites, run your business. Let the wordpress experts handle your website.
- Everything comes with a cost
Now, the WordPress maintenance cost of your website may seem like something that you do not want to do. However, if you miss out on some things that you need to keep in mind, then you should consider the amount of damages your business may actually be subjected to. If your website is not fast enough, your website visitors will leave, as for more than 3 seconds of load time, 50% of your visitors will leave. If your WordPress website pages are not optimized for search engines, you lose visitors because your website might never make it to the first page of google.
However, opting for a WordPress development agency will help you with keeping the speed, on page SEO and Security of your website.
Other important WordPress website maintenance costs
Here is a list of maintenance costs that are absolutely important and required:
- Hosting: Whether you opt for shared hosting or normal hosting options, you will need to pay the monthly charge/fee of the same. The charges may be billed yearly with prices starting $34 yearly (Namecheap Shared Server) to $25 per month (Kinsta: Managed WordPress Host)
To decrease the amount paid for hosting you could opt for shared hosting or look into the hosting options that are economical for you. Namecheap, A2, and Siteground are some good options.
- Domain Names: Well, you can purchase an existing domain name for the given price or you could simply get a new domain name. However, the cost of purchasing the name is not the only thing you need to worry about. You can purchase the domain name for a price, but you may have to pay anywhere between $10-$15 dollars for the yearly renewal. The cost for maintenance may depend on TLD and the registrar. Generally, the most popular TLD, .com, start at $9 yearly.
- Design and development: You may need to make sure that your design of the website is perfect, as per your present audience. Furthermore, there may be developmental issues with your website as well. However, you can get some help through an agency. The charges go as low as $399 for such services to $25000.
- Other costs: There are some optional costs that you may have to pay anyhow. You need to ensure that you get only the essential and useful stuff for your website to keep the costs low. Here is a list of optional features that may increase your WordPress maintenance cost:
- Chatbot Development costs (We charge about $499 for 10 Steps)
- Cloudflare(CDN) costs( Free to $200 Per month )
- Premium DNS (starting $5 Yearly at Namecheap)
- License for plugins and renewal (Depends on what plugins you buy and use)
- License for themes and renewal (Depends on which theme you opt for)
Conclusion on maintenance costs
Truth be told, your maintenance costs depend on the kind of features you add to your website. There are a number of features that you need and many you do not. Make sure that you pay for the features that you need, and avoid unnecessary costs.
This table shows how much you can expect to pay for maintenance.
|Cost Type||Price From||Price To|
|Domain Name||$0.99 Yearly||$99|
|CDN||$0 Yearly||$ 199|
|Premium DNS||$4.99 Yearly||$19 Yearly|
|License For Plugins||$0 Yearly||$4000 Yearly|
|License For Theme||$0 Yearly||$300 Yearly|
|Misc Services||$99 Yearly||$1000 Yearly|
|Total||$ 1425.98 Yearly||$11867 Yearly|
The above is a generic overview looking at quality and affordable services costs to high end providers. The last three entries really depends on what tools you are using. These were added to give an estimate of what you can expect.
On the low end, if you don’t hire a maintenance provider (Which we strongly advice against), your website costs go from $1425.98 to $126.98. On the high end, your costs can also go to $11867 Yearly.
Furthermore, hosting and WordPress maintenance cost cannot be avoided. To avoid high costs, you should look for plans and price tags that suit your budget. You can always find quality services without paying too much. Namecheap is one of the companies that we can vouch for. Amazing Support, Affordable (And Fast) Servers.
How to make sure that your website’s maintenance cost is not super high?
Well, truth be told, you need to figure out many things when it comes to ensuring your website is as good as new. However, when it comes to saving the costs of damages, you need to be willing to spend some of your money as well.
$99 a month would look like pennies when your website is down and immediate help is not available.
Wondering how can you dial down the WordPress maintenance cost? Well, here is the simple answer, hire a WordPress development agency to help you out! Here is what you stand to gain once you hire a company for your website:
- You get an impressive website service. From WordPress speed optimization service to help you maintain your website’s security, the agency will help you do it all for a fee for the month.
- What’s more, is that an agency will also allow you to ensure that your website does not suffer any downtime. The point is that problems can arise at any time and can be due to any reason. However, with the help of an agency for your website, you will be:
- Able to figure out what the problem is,
- Find solutions to the problem and
- Ensure that the problem does not come back.
- A website development company, depending on the type of company or agency you choose, will offer you around the clock maintenance services, which helps you to make sure that nothing happens to your website.
How to look for a good website agency for your WordPress website?
Now, if you wish to find the correct type of website development company or agency for your website, then here is what you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure that you look for an agency with a good number of years of experience. Experienced professionals help you deal with issues and problems in a jiffy.
- You should always make it a point to converse with the team at the agency, see if the website development company works as per your requirements.
- Next, you need to make sure that your website development company offers you the services you need. Not all agencies offer you everything. So make sure that you look into the agency first.
- You should consider looking into the website’s reviews by the customers and clients. Consider scrutinizing the client reviews as per honesty. There are many companies that have fake reviews.
Also, if possible, have a look at the type of work the agency has done in the past to make a better evaluation of the agency.
With the above-mentioned points in mind, you will be able to find a website development agency that allows you to mitigate losses. What’s more, you will be able to ensure that your website is maintained properly for a fee to be offered at the end of the month.